The Benefits of Membership
For more than a century the farmers, ranchers, and nurserymen in San Diego County have recognized that a collective voice is much more likely to be heard than anyone speaking alone. While issues such as water, labor, and pests have been around as long as Farm Bureau, others, such as runoff monitoring, ag/urban conflicts, and land use have gained in significance. All the while, the regulatory environment has becomes more and more restrictive. By banding together, the farm community and those who care about local, thriving agriculture, can make certain they are heard and have an improved chance of success.
When you join the San Diego Farm Bureau, you become part of the collective voice that speaks on behalf of the more than 5,000 farms in San Diego County. Your membership provides the means to advocate county and state-wide for rules and regulations that keep our farms in business.
Agricultural Membership – $310
Farmers and ranchers who receive income from production agriculture join as Agricultural Members.
Stay informed as we monitor all areas of our industry – so you can farm. When you become a member, the Farm Bureau will become your go-to resource. Membership includes:
- The latest agricultural hot topics delivered weekly through our Monday Update email
- Weekly delivery of the California Farm Bureau Federation newspaper publication, Ag Alert, California’s number one agricultural trade journal
- The quarterly San Diego County Farm Bureau magazine, San Diego Grown
- SDCFB’s Sourcebook, a yearly resource guide to help you navigate San Diego’s agricultural community
- Membership meetings and exclusive Farm Bureau events
- Farm-related classes, industry task forces, and a network of options to tackle farm issues
- Access to group solutions such as the San Diego Region Irrigated Lands Group to meet water runoff requirements, or a possible new shared labor program
Presidents Club Memberships are available as a way to show additional support to the San Diego County Farm Bureau. Every Presidents Club membership includes all of the agricultural benefits and recognition in SDCFB’s publications. Presidents Club members also receive additional memberships for a new Farm Bureau member or an employee of the members’ organization.
Presidents Club Membership – $500 (Includes ONE additional membership)
Presidents Club Silver – $800 (Includes TWO additional memberships)
Presidents Club Gold – $1275 (Includes THREE additional memberships)
Presidents Club Diamond– $2500 (Includes FOUR additional memberships)
Presidents Club Platinum – $5,000 and up (Includes FIVE additional memberships)
Businesses may join as Business Supporting Members. If you operate a business that depends on farmers as your customers, Farm Bureau invites you to become a Business Supporting Member.
Business Supporting Membership – $500
Business Supporting Members receive Farm Bureau membership and benefits, have a listing in the annual Source Book, are listed in the Business Supporting Members section of our website and receive business referrals when Farm Bureau members call the office looking for needed services. Most important, you will know that you are giving additional support to the organization that is working to keep your customers in business.
Membership Assistance PDF